I want to know ALL the options for getting an extended immersion experience in a Francophone country.

Hello fellow travelers,

I’m looking for tips on the best way to stay in France, Belgium, or another Francophone country for at least 6 months. I’ve been taking French classes for about a year at my local Alliance Francaise, and I’d say I’m at a low intermediate level (last class was B1.2). One of my primary motivations is to improve my language skills by living in a country where I would be forced to use it every day.

I’ve considered formal programs such as the Teaching Assistant Program in France, and I’m considering applying to a Fulbright grant in west Africa. I will also be applying to an Erasmus master’s program (partially in France). I want to make sure that I know about all the options. A friend mentioned the European Voluntary Service, which sounds awesome but I’m having trouble figuring out if it’s open to Americans. Do any Americans have experience with the EVS?

Furthermore, I’d love to hear from people who stayed in France or other countries through programs like WWOOFing or WorkAway. Were you able to make this work for an extended period of time? Did you interact with your host enough that it could help with language learning?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Grimli_son_of_Groin
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2kETIXb
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments