How effective would this method be?

Hi everyone,

I recently took up studying a second language - I'm thinking of a variety of ways I can "immerse" myself with the language, considering there isn't a lot of people who speak it where I live.

How effective would it be to "throw myself in" so to speak by doing things like changing the language on my phone, video games, etc. Has anyone ever tried this and gained a lot from it? I'm still in the very beginning stages, so I'm still very much uncomfortable with pronunciation of letters, etc. but my mindset is that its like going back and reading English for the first time; I will start to put the pieces together eventually.

I have hired a tutor - so the speaking and listening bit is there, but I'm wondering if forcing myself to read the language will prove to be effective. Any other tips are appreciated.

submitted by /u/DavidCoultsoft
[link] [comments]

from Ontitokaaha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2x1M2r0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments