Have you ever started learning a language, only to later realise you had made the wrong choice? If so, what's your story?

Hello everyone! Last night I realised that a) I had been studying German only because I already knew some basics from many years ago, and I thought it would be easier than starting another language from scratch, and b) I had been learning Russian because it is considered extremely useful in my country (we have tons of tourists from Russia and very few locals are familiar with the language, so... let's say it's viewed as an asset) and it would help me get a job.

Well, I don't feel like learning either of them! Not now, at least. It suddenly struck me that I have always been in love with Finnish, and never really "found the time" to learn it... Of course there is time, there has to be! Anyway, regarding German and Russian: I decided to just stick to the vocabulary and grammar necessary for working with tourists, and leave the heavy studing for another time. I'm learning Finnish now, and am HUGELY glad about it! :D

I wanted to ask you all, has something like this happened to you too?

submitted by /u/zombie_u-n-i-c-o-r-n
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2kksXra
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments