Does a classroom decorated with things that remind of #target-language# help students in their language acquisition?

Hello, I'm writing a paper about an internship I did in a school and I'm describing the classrooms and the school altogether to define the studying places and such. In this school there is a classroom that's specificaly used by foreign language teachers, in this case teachers of English, French and German and it's called "linguistic/language laboratory" (I'm translating this myself, sorry). This classroom has some hanging maps of those three countries, but nothing else that makes it really different from the usual classroom the kids use.

I remember reading somewhere that the atmophere of the classroom should make you feel as you have stepped into the world of the language you're studying. So, for examaple if I'm studying English this laboratory classroom may have posters about the cities in the UK, maps, a picture of the Statue of Liberty, songs, books popular in the US, any input that would ellicit my interest or curiosity as a student.

Does it make sense? Is it something that's being studied in language acquisition? I wanted to include this thought in my paper but I wanted some studies to back it up, if availables.

submitted by /u/jommk
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2s5obSC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments