What's your thoughts on books like this, teaching various similar languages at the same time?

What's your thoughts on books like this, teaching various similar languages at the same time?

https://preview.redd.it/9nll0bb7xclh1.png?width=570&format=png&auto=webp&s=6f53280e6737fde5924e82d65f27cb0534b59ec6

This is definitely a serious read and can be a lot more systematic than most of the popular gamified language learning apps.

I'm fluent in Spanish (1500+ hours of self study & comprehensible input and later 2+ years in Mexico) and can understand spoken portuguese fairly well (2 years of active& passive listening), and I'm starting to do a lot of listening in French (highly motivated because of my French speaking girlfriend). I bought this book the other day because it teaches exactly the three languages I'm going to master and it'd be a great idea to dabble in Italian.

I put my efforts into these three (TL) languages at different stages of my life. I really don't know if I should learn them together, without risking mixing them up. I'd say only my Spanish is solid enough. Should I start this project to enhance specially my PT, FR and even IT?

Any thoughts from Romance language lovers or anyone who has learned multiple similar languages? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Jumpy-Donut-9806
[link] [comments]


from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3wAV2zs
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments