I'm a heritage speaker and up until 3 years ago, my level was described by my parents as being on a 5th grade level. I have not studied this language at all, put no effort into learning it, and now all of a sudden I've passed a competitive oral entrance exam and am going to a relatively hard to get into university all in my heritage language. I've suddenly lost most of my foreign accent (it was incredibly strong before) and while I still mix some English grammar and words in, a lot of people fully believe this is my first language.
I refuse to believe that just 2 weeks of studying (not the language but the uni subject in the language) suddenly propelled me from a 5th grade level to a university level but I haven't done anything else that could've possibly helped me improve.
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/jwl3B8S
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment