Maintain or let it go?

Hi everyone!
I studied Japanese for a while until about B2, but now I have reason to learn Chinese well. (Currently B1)
It’s my own fault, but for these few months I studied Chinese, I barely went out of my way to interact with Japanese at all, the result now being that I cannot quickly retrieve it in conversation, and even when I aim to say something in Japanese, I can only think of how to say it in Chinese.
I would probably prefer not to completely let Japanese slip my mind, but I have less time to dedicate to it now. What advice would you give someone who’s trying to regain, (I.e not learn from scratch) a language, especially at this level?
Thank you!

P.S I am not saying that they’re overly similar, just that my obsessive engagement with one has taken attention from the other.

submitted by /u/Cowboyice
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/pwgqa7B
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments