I’m an English learner, sorry for my mistakes, I really want to convey my message without AI, just on my own, with my words and my emotions.
I’ve been learning English for almost 2 years. My goal is to talk with people across the world (video game/discord/travel). I use different tools to improve my English, but mainly GPT live and preply (2 lessons/week) for my speaking skills.
I used discord in the past, I met many people from Germany/ Philippines/Mexico/USA/Morocco/Russia and it was really fun, I really appreciated it. But I don’t know why I’m terrified of talking again in discord. All the time I thought to myself “do it ! It’s fun, that will boost your motivation, that’s why you learn this language” but I always put it off and never do it.
My listening skills is a bit low but enough if people do effort (except for strong accent)
My speaking skills is enough to tell what I want and it’s often understandable
So why I’m so afraid of talking people ? I’m not afraid when I talk to tutors and that’s make sense because they do all their best to carry the conversation.
It’s ridiculous, no one will kill my entire family if I make mistake or don’t understand something. This fear doesn’t make sense…
I really want to fix that, but I don’t know how to find the courage to do that. Do you have any advice or experience about that?
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/9K7WzBM
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment