I have ADHD, and I find it challenging to start learning Spanish (TL) . I've been learning it on Duolingo for half a year now, and I'm almost at lvl 20 there. I also have text books, which I left at the 4th lesson. I also bought some books in Spanish with beginner level (A1-A2), and I also made flashcards.
However, I can't get myself to sit down, and study. I've tried out many ways, but nothing seemed to help. English is my second language, and I've studied it in high school. Those years gave me the basics of the language, and I got better by watching videos on YouTube, and writing short stories on my own. I think I'm missing the challenge or the responsibility, so my brain doesn't think that it's important to learn. Even if I set a goal, nothing would happen, if I were to slack off. That's why I need to find a way to either challenge myself or make it more entertaining.
The most difficult part is learning words. I've always enjoyed, and was good at the grammar side of the language, but the words... those are my enemies. But only at the start, as when I have the basic vocab, it's much more easier to consume any type of content. Like watching movies, videos or reading. I'm a chronically online person, so after mastering the basics I'm good to go.
How should I learn the basic vocab? It's really boring, and I can't remember the word, when I learn them. Any idea? Am I hopeless?
(Oh, and I don't have money for entering a course or hiring a teacher.)
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/aH7P8oh
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment