Lots of posts on heritage languages recently.
I wanted to ask about one problem I've faced in my own learning journey with my heritage language which I can understand pretty much perfectly but can only string together sentences equivalent to a 2 year old.
My learning strategy has been to find a native speaker on italki and have "conversation practice" with them. The issue is the nature of the conversation is really dull, just seems to be repeated "what did you do today" for 45mins.
It just feels like I'm spinning the wheels, not really progressing in problem areas. But then if I, say, want to talk about the political and economic state of the world right now a la Jaden Smith, that's just way too complicated for my level.
Is there a more structured way to approach this? How can I explain what I need to my language teachers? It's very frustrating.
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/PqxCyGm
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment