For people who did a 1–2 week immersion trip, what noticeably improved for you?

I’ve read through the FAQ and guide, and I’m hoping to hear from people who have actually done a short immersion trip.
I’ve been learning Spanish for a while and have put a lot more time into it over the past few months. In less than a month, I’ll be spending a little over two weeks in Argentina, mostly in Buenos Aires.

Right now, I’d describe myself as a late beginner to early conversational speaker. I can handle basic everyday situations pretty comfortably, but I still struggle with longer spontaneous conversations and sometimes rely too much on memorized phrases.

While I’m there, I plan to use Spanish only in restaurants, cafés, taxis, shops, and social situations. I’ve also arranged a few platonic meetups via Bumble with locals who know I want to practice Spanish.

For anyone who went into a short immersion trip at a similar level, what actually changed for you after 1–2 weeks?

Did your listening, speaking automaticity, confidence, or ability to handle unexpected conversations noticeably improve?

I’m not expecting fluency in two weeks. I’m mainly curious whether that much concentrated real-world use made you feel noticeably different speaking the language by the end of the trip.

submitted by /u/BiscuitBut_ButerNut
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/7ZBNFsS
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments