I don’t have a particular target language (TL) in mind; I just GM and play in many TTRPGs and would like the ability to fully utilize more accents than those belonging to languages that lack rolled Rs.
I have seen posts on here giving suggestions, but none of them really work for me? Plus I have some additional details that may help.
Growing up I had a rhotacism that I went to speech therapy for (English R->W), plus the same thing but with Ls. I’m not certain if that’d impact my ability to learn an alveolar trill, but I feel as though it’s worth mentioning. (Especially because it still occasionally pops up in my everyday speech)
Likewise, whenever I attempt to do the trill, it sounds like a cat spitting; the air doesn’t actually vibrate my tongue at all, but escapes through the sides of my mouth. I understand that this is a pretty common problem, however I’ve been stuck doing this for literal years, and it’s become rather disheartening.
Edit/Addition: Forgot to mention this but the way I push the air through my throat sometimes ends up making a growling noise.
Any help? Or experience with a similar situation as mine?
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/HE3MxfT
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment