Hi!
English - N
Hindi - N (forgetting and illiterate)
Spanish - A2
Polish - A2/B1
I’ve been learning Polish for about 10-12 years now. I’m decently okay at it. I’m roughly A2/B1. My wife is also Polish, so we go back every year for a week or two.
The problem that I currently have is I speak well enough to start conversations, but sometimes I get myself in weird misunderstandings. I think also people sometimes think that I live in Poland, so they expect much more of my Polish.
I also spend my whole day speaking in Polish, and I find it really draining. I think others forget that this is not my native language and get annoyed when I start to disengage from the conversation.
Lastly, I feel like I get immigrant hate from locals. Like I’m stealing their jobs even when I’m just there on vacation. (Doesn’t help that I’m brown) Sometimes I prefer to talk to people in English to avoid this whole situation.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on it?
(TL)
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ntEcyho
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment