What do you do when your vocabulary has outpaced your real time processing speed? (If this is indeed the problem)

I was listening to a podcast for 45 minutes tonight on my walk, and... I heard every word, I could recognize nearly every word... But couldn't string it to anything meaningful. What's the answer here? It's clearly not more vocabulary. I felt very very close to understanding it most of the time, and could if I stopped to think, but stopping to think means you start a chain in which you miss a load, and... Need to begin again. So... What do I do to fix this particular problem? And I am willing to accept, more vocabulary as the answer, even though I said it clearly wasn't the issue. I just want to see what you folks think.

submitted by /u/mymar101
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/KsNMZGQ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments