Thank You For Tolerating The Comprehensible Input Posts...

I know it's controversial, and that there is a range from strict "nothing but input for 500,000 years" to "if you aren't speaking you aren't learning" and many experienced people's tolerance falls much closer to the latter. And I understand that this is for good reason, and why some of you get irritated at the hardcore CI evangelists. But, I personally have benefited a lot from Dreaming Spanish, and I originally found that site here on this subreddit. So, thank you all for putting up with it!

I was hoping to compile a list of sites that are similar (not for commercial use or anything, just for my interest and hopefully for that of others). And so far I have including the (TL):

dreaming.com - Spanish

dreaming.com - French

langiri.com - Vietnamese

cijapanese.com - Japanese

and... that's it.

There are a couple of projects that looked promising, but seem to have stalled out before getting enough content to be really useful, like lingoput.com for Polish, but those are the only projects I have found that are either actively creating new content or have enough to maybe take someone through their entire learning journey. There is also https://www.aliceayel.com for French which seems like it may fit the bill, but I couldn't figure out a way to preview it to confirm without getting a paid subscription.

I don't really know anyplace with more knowledgeable people in the space, so can you help me add to the list? For what it's worth I'm aware of comprehensibleinputwiki.org (and I think it's a great resource) but I'm looking for self-contained sites rather than a long list of YouTube channels and Netflix shows.

submitted by /u/SevenGlass
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/e3B5sIY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments