I'm sure this has been talked about many times before.
Oftentimes, when it kind of "occurs to me" that my second language is hitting my ear with equal understanding and nuance as my native language, I just have to be amazed that it's even possible.
But then other times, I run into conversations, speeches, accents/dialects, topics, certain words etc. that are way outside of anything I have been able to study, and I immediately go back to being an A1.
It's just so funny to me how big the contrast can be within a single language between sometimes comprehending/processing something maybe even on a *deeper* level than a native (because of having studied in-depth beyond how a native would have learned something naturally/by intuition), straight to knowing NOTHING at all.
Alright, back to the books
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/NaS2GFP
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment