Is there a specific order I should learn languages?

Native English speaker here. My (TL) are German, Spanish, Dutch and Polish. I know this will be a long journey, but I have my reasons for wanting to learn each one, so I'm hoping that will keep me motivated.

Outside of learning German first (it will give me the most value in my life, so I am learning that first), I'm wondering if there should be an order I learn the other 3 in? I know I shouldn't be learning multiple languages from scratch at the same time, but I am wondering since Polish will be the hardest out of all of them to learn, and it's separated enough, once I get to a B1 or 2 in German, start Polish, and once I get to an A2 or B1 with that, pick up Spanish? Or is it better for me to just get to a B2 before starting another one and leaving Polish for last because Spanish and Dutch will be quicker and easier for me to get to a B2 level? I understand it will be the same amount of overall time, but Spanish would be one I could use more frequently than Polish or Dutch, so if I'd spend more time getting Polish to B2 before even starting Spanish, it would make me move Spanish up to right after German.

submitted by /u/sportsguy9797
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/QEMD4u6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments