I've read on internet a lot of times that you start dreaming in a language when it starts getting processed subconsciously and if you're living in that particular country where it's spoken.
The thing with me is that I am fluent in Turkish and have been for 6 yrs now to the point where my brain has started thinking in Turkish but I only started dreaming in it last year. I remember, the night after my first final exam. I had this big and clear conversation in my dream
I'm with my friend and he/she is at an institution for some admission work and we go together. And this lady who was head she looked like a turk so during the conversation I ask her and she admits that she is and we have this long conversation in Turkish. Then the following days a couple more dreams follow one of them was like we're going on a bus with my mom somehow and I encounter a Turkish woman there and I speak Turkish with her, my native langauge with my mom and somehow we end up in school and there my teacher is speaking the regional langauge to me.
But atleast that happened with a langauge I was fluent in. I've been learning Greek and it's been 9 months now. I learn 90% with like immersion on internet and for the past two days I've been having these dreams like where I'm speaking these sentences and like showing someone like my cousins that I can teach you some greek and I'm even correcting myself mid-sentence like I said σου ρωτάω and then corrected myself in the dream σε ρωτάω
Is it even normal? Does it happen to you guys? Even if you're not living in that country which I certainly am not have I ever been to Turkey or Greece? What does it mean if you dream in another language?
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/VEzN90I
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment