What language could I learn? I have so many options now...

So, I am doing an English and German exam in November and I thought I could maybe pick up another after doing those exams. I'll be doing Cambridge Advanced and DSD II (B2\C1), if anyone is interested. I've got quite a few options actually as I have a few language books at home. My background is as follows:

Estonian (native)

Russian (native)

English (C1, based on mock exam)

German (Between B2 and C1 based on the lesson feedbacks)

And these are languages I'm considering: (Please don't judge me not being consistent, I have ADHD ;-;)

  1. Finnish

I think it speaks for itself. Finnish and Estonian are extremely similar, aside from vocabulary. The grammar is quite similar too, so there isn't much problem in learning that. Finland is also Estonia's overseas neighbour, so why not learning it.

  1. Swedish

Once I bought a textbook for Swedish and got like halfway with it, bc I wanted to use it on the class trip to Sweden, but I never did. I found it also somewhat easy as it doesn't have word gender, however I struggle with pronounciation. But when I was in a camp for a week, my Swedish roommate said it's quite good. Also my German background might help it

  1. Vietnamese

Idk why I bought the book, but I thought it would be fun to learn. I also have a Vietnamese friend with whom I could practice, but I think the book teaches Northern Vietnamese or standard Vietnamese and she is from South so idk how much use would the book have.

  1. Korean

I do like K-Pop and I listen to it regularly. I also learned some of it during the summer and I got quite far as my textbook went. I also watched some K-dramas and in the future I'm planning a trip to South Korea, so I think it might be useful.

  1. Anything else that I haven't mentioned.

I have a natural ability to learn languages and I think that a challenging language is also alright, I don't have a clear goal, it's more about that I can understand enough and maybe have a short conversation and having fun. Thank you for your time! :)

submitted by /u/language_loveruwu
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/J1HDt2d
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments