Would love feedback on my language learning strategies

I love to learn. Unsure if my user flairs successfully show but I am native speaker of English and Bangla and my TL are Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian portuguese. Nowadays I'm learning Japanese while occasionally practicing Spanish to get past A2 funk

I know there's a lot of emphasis on active learning... my active learning is a weekly italki lesson in Japanese (I'd do more but teachers schedules conflict with my sleep schedule because time zones), and I use anki to learn the alphabets, as well as vocabulary.

Most of my learning is very passive. I listen to beginner podcasts, watch anime and other Japanese shows, listen to city pop etc.

I began since June to prep for a one week Tokyo trip in July (it was planned last minute) but my time in Tokyo inspired me to truly learn the language how to read etc.

Is there more I can be doing? Do you have advice? Are there tools I can use to practice reading?

submitted by /u/tmcresearch
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/pL536ZP
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments