Polyglot Game - Stuck in Lack of Inspiration - Community Ideas needed

Hello language learners,

I started working on a game for language learning back in May 2021, then I thought of making a game that does not revolve around learning but would be appealing to my beginner hell and help me throughout daily practice in intermediate level.

I made a first version I am highly not satisfied with in March 2023, and I am stuck at knowing how to improve it or maybe start over.

I would like to get some ideas on what you play and how it could be adapted to polyglot daily practice, I don't want to learn through games, I mostly play to entertain myself, I'd love for it to be like jeopardy or who wants to be a millionaire as we used to buy the game and play it with my brother when we were kids, it used to be fun, we wanted to outperform each other so we had to go dig the answer, and it sparkled discussions around historical facts or modern events happening around the world, I miss those moments, so I would like to bring it back. Also, I would love to change my smartphone usage, I ungracefully open a social platform as soon as I wake up, although I hate it, it became the norm

I speak four languages fluently, I am learning japanese, I am struggling with learning the Kanjis, mostly because I forget the one I already know. so my game was centered around Kanji practice.

I would like to go up to 10 languages, and I know me, if it does not affect my dopamine, I won't stick to it. I want something I could open for 2 minutes as a no brainer, do some language games like wordle, and go back to what I was doing, or start my day.

If you have any ideas, or you thought of working on the same subject, or you'd like to see some specific gameplays or game design ideas, one gameplay I thought of is from pokemon stadium N64 mini game clefairy says. I would love to start talking about it, feel free to DM.

I can start building it on twitch using Unity, and C#, sharing all the build process.
I hope this message is not offensive to anyone, and does not sound like a marketing post, I'd like to get help on the subject and get ideas that would help me craft a roadmap and stick to it.

submitted by /u/MoiSanh
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/1MFwbT2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments