Which learning programs are actually effective?

I should start by saying I’m learning Korean from a beginner level and freshening up my Spanish to be fluent.

I’ve been trying many apps and reading a couple books as my main source of learning for a little while now. I’m wondering if this path is sufficient, or if I should invest in a membership to something like the Rosetta Stone, Jumpspeak, or any other recommended program that teaches by immersion.

Maybe I need more of a strict studying schedule that prioritizes what I need to learn in order to retain and feel improvement. Although, I’m not sure what this should look like. How much time a day is too little/too much to see growth? Which type of learning is best to practice first (grammar, vocabulary, etc)?

Essentially I’m not sure whether to put my faith in a long term membership program that ideally knows how to teach effectively or if I should leave matters to my own hands and try to craft a personal learning method.

I’d love to hear what has worked for others and if experiences with Rosetta Stone (or other) have proved to be beneficial to your language learning.

submitted by /u/foolishreverie
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/nJQ1aWu
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments