Learning Dutch

I'm studying in the Netherlands, and hopefully, in sixth months I'll be done with my studies.

Just did one class when I arrived and then nothing more. Now I find myself asking if I should learn it, just ""a little bit"" to get by, or at least to read basic instructions and eavesdrop here and there. Perhaps, I say, it will motivate me to learn some more.

I'm brushing up my already comfortable French.

What do you recommend, should I go for it? Being from Souther Europe, this Germanic language seems so hard, and honestly, no offense, not pleasant to hear most of times.

Having said that if I intend to remain here, I need to start somewhere and learn something, out of respect for locals.

Do you have any experience in learning Dutch, and if yes, how did you go about it?

submitted by /u/Glad-Chart274
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/m1tuyJP
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments