Help with teaching

Hello! New here but I need some advice.
I'm part of a group that provides school support for children in elementary and middle school. I was asked to help a 13yo chinese kid learn italian (my native language) but I'm really struggling as he knows close to zero italian and I don't know any chinese so communication is very difficult. He recently moved here (Italy) to rejoin his family and he seems that nobody in his family has the time or the will to help him learn the language. His older brother knows enough italian but he says he's never home and can't help the child. I'm kinda at my wit's end because I cannot explain much to him as he won't understand what I'm saying and we're stuck. The "head" of my group even tried to get some chinese girls to come help us but was not successful.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?
Feel free to ask any questions if you need more info

submitted by /u/DyingVapor
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/zToyc4B
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments