Advice needed from someone with language learning experience

I've been learning languages for a while, but I've always jumped around and not stuck with any one language for too long because my interest tends to change pretty quickly. I almost always come back to each language I start learning at some point, and I want to be fluent in all the languages I dabble with. Recently, I've started to make a lot of progress in Mandarin and I feel like I should stick with it because I know I could continue to make even more progress quicker than other languages that I would have to get back into the swing of. Recently though, I've started to take an interest in Italian and German again, so should I follow my current interest or stick with Mandarin (somewhat begrudgingly) so that I don't lose the progress that I'm making? Really, my question is whether or not it's better to do what you're interested in at the moment because you will probably have better focus on it, or is it better to be more disciplined and play the long game? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Upset_Adagio_8869
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/YS0tvsq
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments