Having trouble committing to third language

My first language is English, and I’ve been teaching myself German for roughly ten years now. I’ve had no formal training in German, I’ve only used language learning apps, music, and YouTube channels. For the past couple of years, I’ve gotten to where I want to try exploring a third language (either French because it’s interesting or Spanish because it’s useful). However, I am by no means fluent in German; I’ve gotten much more comfortable with German but I’d still be very lost if I tried to have a conversation with a German speaker. So as much as I want to try exploring a third language, whenever I try, my brain keeps wanting me to go back to German until I’m more satisfied with my level of fluency. Does anyone else experience this?

submitted by /u/underfan015
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/87NGX1v
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments