BA Language Degree - suggestions welcome

Hello, I am looking at the Open University to study BA Language studies in which you can choose 2 languages from English, French, Spanish or German.

I'd like to study French + one other, either Spanish or German.

At the moment I am preparing for the CEFR B2 exam for Spanish. I used to know French and Portuguese to B1 but have let them fall away due to other commitments.

Should I choose German with French to gain an additional language? Exposure to German history and culture, OR do myself a favour and choose Spanish + French - even though I'll have official certificate soon in Spanish and have some pretty rusty French?

The motivation;

I have an interest in languages, cultures and people. I enjoy to speak to natives and converse in their language. I'd like to have a University degree, I work offshore industry and do not intend to use the languages for a job like teaching/translation.

submitted by /u/at5ealevel
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/oUR6VpN
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments