What are your principles and methods when learning a new language?

Hi!

I am interested to hear your approaches learning languages. I was 12 when I started English in school and most resources were given but majority of my fluency came from Tumblr and media when I was 15.

I recently started Portuguese from Portugal and to be honest its been a bit challenging wrapping my head around organizing material and structure for my studies. I spend a lot of time listening to things to get familiar with the language itself, reading things even if I don't understand, learning about the culture etc.. I use ANKI, take notes and read books, try to have conversations but still really struggle with it. Gender is a big thing that confuses me because we don't have it in Hungarian at all.

I was wondering how do you people do it? Can you guys share some facts about language acquiring and some methods and conclusions based on that? I need some encouragement!

(also if you happen to speak PT from Portugal, i am looking for language buddies!!)

Thanks !! :)

submitted by /u/friczko
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/vqB9ZCA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments