Feeling like I wasted my time going to a Japanese language school to learn Japanese, to eventually go back to my country

I have been here in Japan for the past 4 months now. I started learning Japanese because I love it so much, I love the sound of the language, the chinese alphabet characters and ofc because I love anime too. And especially, I love to read manga and stuff in Japanese! Been a dream to even come here. I had a ton of fun learning it too here. The teachers are super great and I enjoy talking to them. I felt proud knowing I can talk so much in Japanese too. I will be here for another year. My plan was to join a vocational school after I graduate but then I realized its just way too expensive to join one. So now eventually I have to go back to my country.

That sudden realization of that hit me and made me ask questions to myself.

  1. Was it worth it coming all the way here for 1 and a half years to just learn a language to eventually go back to my country?
  2. Am I wasting a whole 1 and a half years doing this?
  3. What will my relatives and friends think about this since I just went to learn a language.

I had a ton of fun here. I met lots of new friends, even Japanese friends too. There were aspects I found hard such as living alone but still overall I enjoy it here. But still having to go back to my country, right now I am in the dumps thinking about if its really worth it if I cant get into a vocational school to pursue higher studies.

Can you tell me your thoughts on this and how you yourself view studying language?

submitted by /u/Fair-Mud3760
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/dJyxWcn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments