Price negotiations for Preply lessons

When I started lessons with my Preply tutor, she was fairly new to the platform and charged only £6 an hour, after a few months she asked if I was okay to pay £8 an hour, which I agreed to as it is still a reasonable price.

Recently she asked to increase the price again to around £10. I understand why she has asked, as her new students are charged £16 per hour according to her Preply profile.

Honestly I don’t really want to pay £10 an hour for my lessons, as I am on a strict budget at the moment and this new price means I will have to reduce the amount of hours I can spend having one on one lessons, or reduce my outgoings elsewhere.

What is the right move here? I don’t want to offend my tutor by refusing to pay extra, as she is definitely worth the higher price but I just cannot justify paying it at the moment due to personal circumstances. Is there a chance she could stop offering me lessons if I don’t pay the new price?

submitted by /u/kilbano
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/MpbgKXD
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments