Ottoman-Armenian dialect books request. And Pontic Greek if you know any.

Hey there fellow language learners. I'm trying to find books on Armenian spoken in the Ottoman Empire.

It involves me writing a song in the main languages of Anatolia for (nerd alert) an alternate historical style song for a game I play. I found sources on Ottoman Turkish, but I can't find anything on Ottoman-Armenian. I know Western Armenian is close the Constantiniyye Dialect, but I'd rather have a book that is more close to the original dialects. Homshetsi Armenian doesn't have many sources nor does Constantiniyye Armenian. Everytime I look for sources it either sends me to Modern Western Armenian, gives information on the dialect without any breadcrumbs to learn it, or directs me to a site about the unfortunate genocide that took place by the Pashas.

If Modern Western Armenian is intelligible with Constaniniyye Armenian or any Ottoman Dialects I will ise those sources to make a song, but if there are any older sources, I would greatly appreciate it.

Are there any sources you know that I can look at for any Ottoman Dialects? Thank you.

I also don't mind if you can show me some pontic greek. I want to make some verse with it too.

PS The books don't even have to be in english I'll honestly take any source you can give me even if it is German or Russian. Just something.

submitted by /u/FreTed986
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/d2Z8EBH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments