I hate how far behind I am

I was watching a Cartoon Network show in French (I will not say which one) because I saw the Cartoon Network France account had uploaded the full episode. When I watched it the first time I hardly got anything but a few sentences here and there and the general plot of the episode. Then I watched it in English and I was quite humiliated that I had missed so much fucking context. So then I watched it again in French and only then started understanding the words coming out of the characters’ mouths, sentence by sentence… sentence by sentence. The French translations weren’t direct, at least not for the type of writing in the original script. But it made me mad. Why did it have to take hearing it in English to understand something meant for 6 year olds?! šŸ«¤

This was a rude awakening.

submitted by /u/These_Tea_7560
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/lQrcgyO
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments