How to get rid of annoying accent, that makes me sound non-native?

Hello! I’m Finnish, and that is, of course, my strongest language, but I also speak Swedish at a proficient level. My mother is Swedish, while my father is Finnish, so I grew up with Finnish as my main language. However, when I was 4 years old, I was put in a Swedish-speaking school and quickly learned the language. I speak Swedish daily and have no problems with my skills in Swedish.

What my problem really is, is that I have a strong Västnyländsk dialekt. Basically, this means that I do sound Swedish, but not in Sweden. I can make all the sounds that differ compared to Rikssvenska, but I just can’t get myself to consistently speak without a dialect. This is a problem because I’m considering moving to Sweden soon and want to sound Swedish.

Any advice is welcome!

submitted by /u/Future-Inflation-145
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/9dSh5Gx
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments