Would there be interest in Free Open Sourced language portal?

Hello, I would like to see if you would be interested in language learning portal that runs as regular website (something close to renshuu.org or jpdb.io for example) but with its source code fully available on github, so in case the project gets discontinued by core devs (me), there still will be full source code available, so anyone can spin up their own server.

I'm currently building early alpha version of such portal. It already has lots of vocabulary with example sentences and audio, short stories with sentence by sentence translation, grammar explanations and vocabulary SRS flashcards.

I use it for learning myself. The the website logic should be able to scale to other languages rather well.

In the future I want to implement many more features, such as something close to LingQ text and video analytics, so you can automatically build decks from your favourite custom content.

My tech stack is NextJS, Express, Python and MongoDB. Code is currently in private code repo.

Would you see Open Source project like this beneficial or do you prefer already established paid solutions and portals?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/tcoil_443
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/sAUo8J5
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments