Learning vocabulary via anki

Learning vocabulary

I have been learning Russian for around two weeks now. I have bought the penguins classic book for Russian and making my way through it, making my way through the zero to fluency series on YouTube, and doing duolingo - I know it’s not supposed to be great but I quite like doing it at school when I have nothing to do and the streak system adds motivation tbh. But I have been also trying anki and I don’t find me remembering the vocabulary. It’s a custom made deck and it consist s mostly of the Russian phrases that was on the information for the subreddit. I try and do a bit everyday and I think the only words on there I remember, which haven’t already appeared on duolingo, the question and answer for names and “what’s this called in Russian?”. I try and remember the cards but honestly I never have a clue even if i keep getting the same card. For people who didn’t find success with anki, what did you use to learn vocabulary? And for those who did well by using anki, is there anything I should be doing to get the most out of the app?

submitted by /u/maliskelton23
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/FZKhQSB
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments