how do i make communication easier for my foreign boyfriend?

hi! i live in Finland and i have a Finnish boyfriend, but since I’m a foreigner we have to speak English together. today I’ve learned that it’s kind of exhausting for my boyfriend to speak English every day despite he’s perfectly fluent in it, so I would like to make it easier for him somehow. It doesn’t bother me because I have no choice but to speak English as long as I’m not fluent enough in Finnish yet, but I am learning at the moment and I speak English pretty fluent so I can express my thoughts and feelings clearly. does anyone have any advice on it? how do other international couples deal with this “emotional” language barrier? thank you! :)

submitted by /u/jstgrl
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/dpDZsAE
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments