Completed a beginner language textbook, but don’t know where to go from here?

I recently just got done completing a beginner workbook for spanish called "easy Spanish step-by-step"

I honestly didn't really feel like I enjoyed it or absorbed a lot of the information, most of the exercises I failed, and still feel at times my vocabulary was lacking completely on some exercises to where I couldn't complete or answer them. Any of the reading comprehension sections I could read and pronounce the words out loud to myself, but I wasn't able to comprehend or derive meaning from any of them. The book took me 4 months to complete all 15 units.

I guess I'm just wondering how do I proceed now as a beginner? I have some listening practice to Spanish podcast but I still don't really enjoy it and can't comprehend them. I also went through a 2k retold vocab deck but I didn't feel like any of the words stuck in my brain.

My main goal with Spanish is to be able have spoken conversations/conversational with native speakers and to be able to listen and understand movies and tv shows, music and or podcasts.

There's an advanced Spanish step-by-step book as well that's next in the book learning series but i wanted to seek advice on continued study before I bought it, hesitating exactly how much grammar I need to learn?

submitted by /u/Illusive_Owl
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/1zAv5jX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments