Best way to learn a language?

Hello everyone!

I am from Spain and I live in the UK, I am going to start learning Finnish because I love Finland, the language, the culture, people and music from there. I previously spent 6 months in Finland in 2020 and I learnt quite a lot of words, but I forgot a lot of it since I left Finland.

My plan is to learn at home, and maybe in the future when I have more money maybe hiring a tutor, but for now I will do it by myself.

I learnt a bit of Norwegian by myself, and I learnt English in school and by exposure in the UK when I moved here, but appart from that I am quite unexperienced with learning languages by myself. I am aware Finnish is a complex language, but I am so interested in it that I feel very motivated to learn it.

I am posting basically to ask advice in good and effective methods for language learning.

I bought a Finnish book by Teach Yourself, I downloaded Duolingo, Memrise, Drops, Pimsleur and a English-Finnish dictionary. But I don't even know how to start, best ways to plan the language learning, possible resources that I am not aware of or learning techniques that I don't know either.

Could someone give me some advice in how to start or how to focus the language learning or some ways to learn a language that you find highly effective? Thank you very much

submitted by /u/KreuzKrow
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/jUEi89a
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments