Very specific problem, I can only cry in one language

Hello, before saying this I must add, I speak Spanish natively, have a C1 in Portuguese, a C1 in English, and a B2 in German, so I do quite the study and research for these languages.

Thing is, I've never been the guy who cries with movies, but since I started consuming English content, I've discovered it makes me cry a LOT more than it should, specifically talking movies and some songs, and I don't get it. I can watch or listen to one thing in Spanish, Portuguese or German, and not shed a tear, but in English my perception is completely different.

Is there any reason why this would make sense? Different areas of the brain? Different perception of the content depending on the language? I hope we have some psychologist language learners around here, thank you

submitted by /u/ezbyEVL
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/zKyNb7Z
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments