Reading books or concentrating solely on learning vocabulary?

Unfortunately, I don't have a particularly good and well-developed vocabulary in Italian and would like to change that. I would be happy if you could help me with the best strategy. I have the feeling that it is quite passive. I don't have much trouble reading books in Italian, even specialized books and I understand about 80-90% and don't need to look up much. I have read maybe 10-15 books at the moment. However, I lack the words, often even basic words, when I want to use them, i.e. speak or write. Now I have half an hour every day because of my commute to study. Would you focus more on reading or actively learning vocabulary with apps? Which is more useful?

submitted by /u/ceuker
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/xpu4aTs
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments