Need help improving my vocabulary learning system

I'm currently studying German (B1) and decided to start a daily journal, in which I write a small text daily abou whatever I want, so I can expand my vocabulary and language practice to things that actually matter to me and keep it consistent.

However, I realized that oftentimes when I'm not sure how to say something or how to properly organize the vocabulary, I'll just use a dictionary or google translate and copy the words/sentence structure, hence mostly not actually memorizing/learning the vocabulary.

I'd like some suggestions to improve this system and actually make it work, preferably in a way that won't take too much of my time, as I'm trying to keep it a daily habit.

TL;DR: How do I actually learn new vocabulary from writing a daily journal in my target language?

submitted by /u/cosmichaunting
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/GL9BU5u
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments