Graduate programs for language learning — occupations for someone with a background in mental health?

I am thinking about going back to school again to get a degree in foreign languages. I have a Master of Social Work and currently work in mental health. It seems crazy to me to get another degree but I’m in my 20s so I feel like.. better now than later. On some level I always wished I had pursued language acquisition as it is my true passion. I speak French and Spanish at B2 and a bit of Italian.

I would like to work in academia or translation or something really language focused. Honestly I’d like to become a social work professor after I get my C (in the U.S.) I don’t really know what’s out there though I’ve heard of some programs in France which are totally focused on foreign languages themselves, like as a study. Anyone know of anything like this? Anywhere in the world? Or what I might look up/look into? Thanks!

submitted by /u/teeth_enjoyer
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ErS6lPb
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments