As a racially ambiguous person, nobody really cares that I speak their language

They just assume my parents came from their country and that I grew up abroad. I blend in just about anywhere from Latin America to the Mediterranean to The Middle East and parts of Southern Asia. It kind of takes away from the experience of learning another language when you try so hard and people just look at you like shame on you for not learning your parents language better or they just don't care. Not that I do this exclusively for the cudos but almost always when I see white YouTubers speaking other languages and people clap and bark like sea lions or something. Not expecting the same treatment but holy shit man maybe just once in a while a look of bemusement would be cool.

Tldr: White guy speaks language "yippee omg someone pinch me am I dreaming" Tan guy speak language (sleep šŸ˜“)

submitted by /u/tacoflaco98
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/CKG5ksU
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments