Resources for Halqemeylem / Halq’eméylem (Upriver dialect) or Stó:lō?

So I was adopted at birth and raised by white parents. My family always let me know where I was from and worked really hard to make sure I had access to my community and anything I may want to know. However in growing up I never really knew how I fit into being indigenous and often chose to focus of working on and embracing other parts of my identity. Now I’m in my 20’s and I feel proud and confident in being indigenous and feel like I’ve taken a bit to much of a back burner to learning about my culture and heritage. I’d really love to to learn my language Halqemeylem / Halq’eméylem (Upriver dialect) however living across the province from my band and doing some research on internet I’m finding it hard to find a good recourses. Any recommendations?

submitted by /u/Crazy-Contribution77
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://www.reddit.com/r/languagelearning/comments/18cd154/resources_for_halqemeylem_halqeméylem_upriver/
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments