I feel like i’m making no progress and im stuck

Hi! i’ve been learning Spanish since the 7th grade, and my spanish journey has been definitely interesting.

Backstory- i took spanish one in 7th and 8th grade (the whole course took two years🤷‍♀️), but i was sick more the majority of 8th grade so i was constantly out of school and in the hospital, and left with some memory issues. I tested into Spanish 2 my freshman year, which i remember struggling but i was still pretty sick and adjusting to a new school. Covid hit, which lead me to take spanish 3 online or class in a chapel (we called it chapel spanish). I choose to take Spanish 4 and did well, and my teacher recommended me for AP, which was definitely a struggle but ultimately i did well in the class but got a 2 on the exam.-

I’m currently studying spanish in college as a part of my major and i feel stuck, and like im not making any progress. I always do well on oral exams but i feel as if Im struggling and falling behind. I’m in a 300 level class, which is good because it pushes me but i don’t want to constantly be playing catch up.

I feel my biggest issue with I’m having currently is that i have all the tools and knowledge to speak and write and read the language, my brain just can’t produce it, or at least as well as i would like it too. I’ll be starting at a passage knowing i know the verbs and the tense and adjectives but i can barely sense of it, and it’s so beyond frustrating. Or trying to say something i know i SHOULD be able to and simply not. If anyone has felt this way, or has any tips, suggestions or sentiments, leaving them below would be SO appreciated.

submitted by /u/Jazzlike-Bat-1927
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/n5sKcUx
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments