How to approach learning multiple languages for a professional (medical) job?

So I am interested in investing some time in learning multiple languages for an upcoming internship in a big city hospital.

My target is to be able to ask simple medical questions and understand patients replies/major complaints, but I also want to learn alphabets (for fun and function). The languages I am interested in are chinese, russian, japanese, and french.

I am familiar with learning new languages, however I've found it difficult to learn new alphabets and especially difficult to find means to learn/practice in specific settings (such as professional medical setting). I am not keen on buying books/courses.

I've found some Anki decks from the "Defense Language Institute Medical LSKs" materials and they seem great! I've been on and off memrise since they were a thing and I love their approach to learning languages. I have never seen any benefit from using duolingo (or maybe there was, who knows).

submitted by /u/LGabrielM
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/4nVZOBY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments