Getting frustrated with duolingo

Hello, i am a native English speaker trying to learn turkish, as i am from a turkish family (although i live in the UK). Ive reached section 4: champion on duolingo's turkish course, and at this point, duolingo seems to have given up on teaching me new words, and is just making me repeat exercises on old words. This is hugely problematic for me, as the turkish i can speak, i speak fairly well, and native turkish speakers tend not to have a problem understanding me (ive been speaking basic turkish since childhood).

The thing i desperately need to improve asap is my vocabulary, my turkish vocabulary is on par with that of a small child, so i can have basic conversations, write texts and little stories, and i can read childrens books, but i cant have adult/more complex conversations in turkish yet.

Does duolingo get better in this regard, or should i jump ship to another app? Taking lessons is definitely on my radar, but right now my priority is learning to drive, so my disposable income primarily goes towards that, and there isnt really room to add turkish lessons in until thats done. Tia

submitted by /u/69Whomst
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/xOyF1hl
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments