Comprehending vs listening advice.

Hey all,

I'm sure I'm not the first to experience something like this and I was wondering what advice people who have dealt with can provide.

I'm learning Japanese, and I've been hearing it almost all my life. The problem that I encounter is that my brain, for so long, was trained to read the subtitles whenever I was watching a video in Japanese.

Now I feel that my brain will try and do this unless I specifically concentrate on what is being said(including just audio input) and so I find myself zoning out the comprehension part when listening to audiobooks and podcasts in Japanese.

What things did you do that helped retrain your brain so to speak?

submitted by /u/fakkuman
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/4gStzuW
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments