What do you think about Days and Words / Days in French 'n' Swedish?

I can see that he gots quite a lot of views on his videos, but there is something I think I dont really understand? From what I can see, he used to study few different languages. He used to study german, but didn't progress at all and as he said himself, he can only understand this language, but doesnt really speak well and admits that its mostly because of the fact that he understands swedish well. Then he used to study french, but quit it because he couldn't progress in it. And then started studying spanish... And dropped it in like... a month or two? From what I can see based on his videos? Because he wanted to lose weight first.
From what I can see, this dude learned one language, swedish, to a decent level, and tried 3 different languages, but quit and so havent really learned any on them...?
So my question is, what's your opinion on him? Because you know, he has a whole YT channel (marjed as, quote "the best language learning videos in the world" on his yt channel background) about learning languages, where he says how to do it, he gives all those tips and all, but he couldnt learn any other language himself to a decent level?
For me it looks like an absurd, but most of the people I asked about him seem to complement him and actually listen to him and take all of that seriously, while for me it looks like a random person who tries to pretend to be some kind of a guru.
So yeah, what are your thoughts...?

submitted by /u/Soggy_Lab_9685
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/8laAdTW
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments