Should spouses learn the same or different languages?

I’m having a hard time researching this. Everything I’m finding is about learning a language your partner already knows. What I’m trying to decide is if it’s better for a couple (who speak the same language) to learn the same language together or separate languages.

If we each focus on one language, I’m thinking we’d be better at our designated languages rather splitting our attention to multiple. I’d imagine this would increase the regions we can visit (and understand) and help our future kids learn more languages by conversing with them.

If we focus on the same language, we’d be able to talk with each other and practice with each other, but then wed have to decide if we want to learn one or multiple languages (and that decision will effect our fluency)

submitted by /u/YttriumZirconium
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/qzc4QHb
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments